[highos at highos.com: Re: Fwd: Re: Some problems and solutions]

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Fri Sep 1 06:41:56 PDT 2000

----- Forwarded message from Jesse Tie Ten Quee <highos at highos.com> -----

Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 09:33:39 -0400
From: Jesse Tie Ten Quee <highos at highos.com>
To: Gerard Beekmans <gerard at linuxfromscratch.org>
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Some problems and solutions

Yo,

On Thu, Aug 31, 2000 at 07:50:30PM -0400, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> > At present I have enough free time to do things with it.
> >
> > What language interprets the profile?
> > bash    - possible, but unpleasant
> > C       - easy for me, but others might find it a bit cryptic
> > C++     - Like C, but more so
> > perl    - probably, comments from someone who knows perl please
> > python  - probably, comments from someone who knows python please
> >
> > My vote: it's about time I learned python
>
> The profile shouldn't be restricted to one language parser. Our idea: all of
> them. The part of the tool that read the profile (called the profiler - see
> the API posted earlier) and feeds it to a backend that can be bash, perl,
> python or others. We'll have to work out these details still, but that's the
> idea at least.

That's actually another point i want to talk about, it's nice if we use APIs, etc to make it more general and easier for other language but what about comminucation between each tool?

We can use;

    * Sockets (considering all languages support that, eck)
    * Files
    * FIFOs
    * Something else?

Id prefer to just go with Sockets and use Netmessages (basiclly you greate a protocol)

----- End forwarded message -----

-