Automated Downloader

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Sep 1 07:56:10 PDT 2000

On Fri, 01 Sep 2000, you wrote:
> Has anyone worked on a method for "slurping" in a file with a list of
> all the source pacakges for download? I know when I started with
> LFS this was the part I most dreaded...

Thomas Wlater has created a wget file somewhere that you feed to wget and
wget will download everything for you. I have no idea where that file went
to. If Thomas can give us the location once again that would be great. I"ll
include it on the lfs site as well.

A second way can be ftp.linuxfromscratch.org
A GUI client often lets you select multiple packages for download. Select
them all and go read a newspaper. But the ftp archive isn't setup properly
yet. Not properly in the sense of not being complete yet, you would be better
of using  ftp://lfs.bcpub.com/mandatory for now which contains  more stuff
(still LFS-2.2 related files) but at least everything's there.