Thoughts

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Sep 1 11:19:03 PDT 2000

<cut>

> Okay, enough thoughts for now...

It all sounds good and I'm sure we all agree on all of it (at least I do).
There are a lot of things that this tool need to be able to do, but I also
think it's too much asked that the first release of the tool can do all this.

I myself believe in gradually expanding. If you wait till all those features
and options are coded it can take up to a year before 0.1 is released. I
rather go with: start with something that works and does the basics. Not much
detection of changes being made and so forth. Then we have at least something
that works. Then we can expand to it. Add features and options that are most
important. Test those before going on to the next feature.

I do like the stuff that has been proposed. Real valuable information. We'll
have a monster tool waiting to be coded.