Licensing/Structure

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Sep 5 13:47:29 PDT 2000

> Here's the licensing grid I'd recommend depending on your answers:
>
>                Worried about hijacking   |   Not worried about hijacking
> Building from
> source only          GPL, LGPL or MPL                BSD
>
> Allow build from
> some binaries        LGPL or MPL                     BSD

I guess I just don't understand the difference between *GPL and BSD licenses.
What do you mean by hijacking in this context (i read about turning it into
some proprietary form). I thought GPL wouldn't project against those things
and BSD being more strict would protect against it?

Got a site where I can read the full GPL and BSD licenses? I think I've had
the wrong picture of GPL and BSD all along. I better set that straight now
before we go anywhere else