Alfs Schedule

Simon Perreault nomis80 at hotpop.com
Tue Sep 5 19:17:55 PDT 2000

On Tue, 05 Sep 2000, you wrote:
> >  - Decide on exact sample xml structures for a LFS profile
>
> I'm working on one right now. I'll post it in a few hours. That version is
> going to be xmlprofile-beta1 and we'll hack on that one. The profile will
> only get us to chroot though. When that first stage is approved we'll move
> on. the rest will be a piece of cake then.

Let's get this straight: you're not writing a standard reference about the
xml profile, you're actually writing a profile, right? If so, then I think
it's bad. I think we should agree on a standard before even touching the
keyboard. We have to think first about the xml syntax itself. Then we write a
standard. Then we can begin hacking in a coordinated way, using the standard
as the central pillar. This way, the profiler/backend doesn't have to way
after the LFS profile to begin work.