xml structures and some notes

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Wed Sep 6 15:32:23 PDT 2000

Yo,

On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 12:54:21AM +0200, Fabio Fracassi wrote:
> I follow the discussion about Frontend/Profile/Profiler/Backend
> for quite some time now but I still didn't get some things right.
> (I suppose I missed the part when these things got defined)
> In particular I don't understand how the Frontend is supposed to
> work with/without an <Input> Tag

Why do we need a tag? why can't the Front-End just parse the file?
There woudn't be a need for another tag then, plus you aren't going to limit _what_ the user can change.

Once you become a Profile Maintainer (lack of a better word) you would have to use your judgement (and personal preference) to add those <input> tags where it's needed, but if the Front-End just had a generic Advance tab that would have everything that package has set in the profile right there for you to change, then i think that's a better option.

Dunno... IMO it's a better way of doing it, if i've messed up ppl then i expect that =)
Someone have mercy on are souls and put my thoughs into words that mortals can understand.

*winks*

-