Licensing/Structure

Simon Perreault nomis80 at hotpop.com
Wed Sep 6 18:05:06 PDT 2000

On Wed, 06 Sep 2000, David D.W. Downey wrote:

> Why the hell will you NOT sell support? With GPL'd software like Linux
> that is exactly WHERE you make your money! Support! It's not the equipment
> that you make money with, it's the support of the product that makes the
> money!

A few questions:
1) Who is gonna get the money?
2) How would you sell support?
3) ALFS is a small project. Even the linux kernel is not selling support.
4) You have to have support to sell. We don't have support to sell. All the
support you can sell is on the mailing list, and we can't/won't sell mailing
list subscriptions. How do you deal with that?

--
-- Support your government, give Echelon / Carnivore something to parse --
classfield  top-secret government  restricted data information project CIA