Licensing/Structure

Jeffery McLean jeffery at meowpawjects.com
Wed Sep 6 19:16:47 PDT 2000

On Wed, 06 Sep 2000, you wrote:
> Since the system as a whole is based on Linux perhaps it should be
> GPL. Are there any legal restraints when it comes to the GPL that require
> anyone that builds on top of Linux to GPL their portions?

>From what I have seen... no...
Linux and a GPLed profiler should have no legal problems
with non GPLed code...
You could download and install Netscape with a GPLed installer
if you like...

the GPL applys to code added to existing GPL code and
code using GPLed libarys...
the LGPL lacks the libary restriction..

But it seems quite a bit of non GPL code has been processed and
handled by GPL code...
--
http://www.meowpawjects.com/ Doing the impossible daily
Come see my projects and download my code. Open source all the way....