Licensing/Structure

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Sep 6 19:36:59 PDT 2000

Woah, slow down guys, we're at the verge of a flame war. Let's be civil about
it ok? I see that a few are afraid or were at least a little bit afraid of
ALFS going closed-source or start charging money.

Let me state a few things here. Let my word be final:

1) ALFS, or make it *LFS are open source, will never change
2) Nobody is going to make money on this one. Of course I would gladly accept
monetary donations if they are needed to purchase equipment, resource
material or whatever. But that equipment can be donated instead of the money
(like my VA system, the cd-rw from Jesse and other things)
3) Some people think I do get payed more or less for LFS: Well in a sense I
do. BC Publishing Inc. has hired me mainly if not wholy based on my LFS work.
But I do a lot of other work for BC Publishing Inc. so I don't get payed to
work on LFS all day. I've got tons of other things to do.

So be assured that *LFS will be open source all the way, just like most Linux
projects.