xml structures and some notes

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Sep 6 19:43:52 PDT 2000

> YAT? SuSE? scnr

Nonono I already have YAT reserved for Yet Another Typo. Gotto think up
something else for your yet another tag.

> > Now what would happen if, OMG, i forget to change one little thing in
> > the profile and you haven't hit the package yet so you should be able
> > to change it, so...20 minutes later you hit that package but instead
> > of hitting 'Ok' to go on, you hit 'Advanced Configuration' and text
> > thing you know a little dialog (this is the way i want to implement it
> > anyways ;) comes up and you can custimize everything in that package,
> > like change the configure command and add options, etc...

Yes I'm all for that: don't specify in the profile interactive stuff. Have
that be taken care off by the front-end. That's really the best place. The
front-end can, should and will be coded that every xml section can be altered
on-the-fly in the front-end without editing the actual profile you have on
disk. That way you can keep your profile clean.

> You should not need to change the profile (btw - changing an opened file
> is no good idea ;) - you should be able to configure something while ALFS
> is already compiling bash or anything else.

Right, again the front-end itself seems to me the best place to do this at.