Profile

Jeffery McLean jeffery at meowpawjects.com
Wed Sep 6 19:50:56 PDT 2000

On Wed, 06 Sep 2000, you wrote:
> In reference to Gerard's profile that was sent to the list. Won't this
> become unmanageble very quickly? It will get absolutely huge in the
> end. Has there been any discussion of multiple files?
>
> <package>
> 	<name>Bash</name>
> 	<descriptor="bash.xml"</descriptor>
> </package>
>
> Or something of that nature. I can just see people trying to add packages
> and the main profile become _massive_ to maintain..
Some basic information should be included in the main file...
Liccens.. author... etc...
I like the idea of allowing the accual xml file posably be a remote
file so the author himself can control dependencys
but that this plug is controlled by LFS in case the authors own
xml file is defective....
--
http://www.meowpawjects.com/ Doing the impossible daily
Come see my projects and download my code. Open source all the way....