xml structures and some notes

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Sep 6 19:52:18 PDT 2000

> And you start doing that now, and we will never start coding (i'm serious)
> there's a reason you test something to see if it works, The frist time
> around it doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to work, imo

Like the lfs book evolved. From one big sgml file to mutiple files, each
chapter in it's own files, to every section it's own file. The book got split
up from 1 file to it's current form that contains aprox. 425 sgml files. Why
did it take so long: Same what Jesse told: you need to have something that
works. When I changed the book from LinuxDoc to DocBook I put every chapter
in it's own file - i didn't have more time to make it into the 400+ files I
have now because the book couldn't wait a few months to be updated. So it
evolved in stages. We shouldn't talk too long about the profile. In a few
weeks I'd like to start coding. Sure, in a year the tools will be totally
different but that's ok. It's called evolution. It takes time.

> I don't know if that makes sense... i suck when it comes to communication
> like this, so bear with me.

You did a good job, I think. Then again we share the exact same thoughts so I
understand perfectly what you try to tell. So that might influence it.
Anybody here who does not understand the front-end's role?