Profile

Jeffery McLean jeffery at meowpawjects.com
Wed Sep 6 19:59:09 PDT 2000

On Wed, 06 Sep 2000, you wrote:
> > In reference to Gerard's profile that was sent to the list. Won't this
> > become unmanageble very quickly? It will get absolutely huge in the
> > end. Has there been any discussion of multiple files?
> >
> > <package>
> > 	<name>Bash</name>
> > 	<descriptor="bash.xml"</descriptor>
> > </package>
> >
> > Or something of that nature. I can just see people trying to add packages
> > and the main profile become _massive_ to maintain..
>
> I've noticed that too yes. But with multiple files it won't be a simple
> matter as to giving a profile. Now you have to give a tarball and tell the
> user in what directory all the files are supposed to be.
>
> Not sure how to go about this but this is something that needs to be
> discussed yes.

I think we should have some sort of maintainer program so it dosn't
need to be messed with by human hands...

ferther more I think it should be posable to say that the profile
is included in the source code pacage if the author
provides a LFS.xml file...
or include a flag to say his DEBIAN.xml file dose NOT work
for us...
--
http://www.meowpawjects.com/ Doing the impossible daily
Come see my projects and download my code. Open source all the way....