xml structures and some notes

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Thu Sep 7 09:02:34 PDT 2000

Yo,

On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 04:21:33PM +0200, Thomas 'Balu' Walter wrote:
> But if I want to do a profile that asks ... - forget it ;)

No, that's a good point, one i forget about.

> > The user could modify there profile before installation and feed that
> > in, you could modify it at the beginning, during installation, you
> > could even create profiles from scratch depending on how much detail
> > you want to go into (and how much gets coded into a Front-End)
>
> btw - fix your width of your lines, looks much nicer this ways than
> above...

Damn Mutt... been meaning to look into that

> I am not thinking of people that are able to use an editor - if I want
> my mom to install an alfs on her machine - I don't want her to modify an
> lfs-xml-profile...

I never said that, i said *its possible*

> How should the front-end know what the package needs for special vars
> and such?

Just gives us a bit of time, Bryan reminded us, exactly how the Front-End/Profiler/Back-End fit together last night, the down side is, he's pretty well busy this week and all.

So just give me a time to go throw my mail and we can sort this out...

-