xml structures and some notes

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Sep 7 11:55:25 PDT 2000

> Yes, but the frontend can also asume all the defaults up to that point
> the user tells it not to! Based down like this,
> If anybody has any complaints he should speak now (before the package is
> installed) or remain silent forever (until the next install) :)

Suppose the user didn't know that perl was going to be installed that way.
Suppose the user didn't know that you can configure perl two ways: with the
-d opion and without it. If the user had known on beforehand he would have
chosen differently. We don't want to cause such situtations either.

> Thats a Point, As Gerald stated he'd likes to have any options editable,
> and
> I think he is right with that. (Programs that restrict you suck)

I like Jesse's idea of an "Advanced setup" tab during installation of a
package...