profile XML ideas

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Sep 7 12:42:40 PDT 2000

> Then, the user can make changes to what they want without risk of damaging
> the required component of the command-line.  You could even add an
> attribute to the tag <required-flags ro> or define it in the DTD so that
> the front-end knows it is to display the field using a read-only edit
> control.  Of course, that doesn't work too well if you change the <script>
> and the required flags are no longer relevant, but you get the drift...

Yes I get the drift. You just want to cover against typo's made by users. Of
course a read-only value can be overridden (after the front-end asks "are you
sure you want to change this read-only value of 'blah' into 'blah'. Perhaps
even give a short description why it was set read-only and what it's purpose
is).