Bootdisks and Bootable CDs.

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Sun Sep 10 18:25:05 PDT 2000

Yo,

On Sun, Sep 10, 2000 at 09:58:59PM -0400, Jason Gurtz wrote:
> > kernel size even stripped down takes up too much space in the iamge to be
> > able to use it for booting.
>
> How about an Open-DOS boot, using LoadLin to get a bloated kernel off the
> CD, zip net wherever?

As, i mentioned on #LFS not too long ago, i have about 1-1.2MB free on my disk,
"free" for a kernel and a boot image is a boot image using loadlin
doesn't change anything.

> CD only should be an option for sure, but there are a lot of older (even P5)
> based bioses that don't support booting off of a CD

Exactly, and i'm (problably) going to have to give up my laptop in the
next couple of days to fix the floppy drive, all i got left for devel
(that i can reboot ;) is and old Aopen AT5P/AMD K6 233Mhz system.

-