About these arguments lately

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Sep 13 20:30:41 PDT 2000

I think everybody would agree that over the past few days tempers have been
flaring high. I have not commented on most of those on purpose. I was hoping
that they would die down, which happened, eventually.

I'm not going to point fingers, nor am I going to call anybody troublemakers,
nor am I respecting certain people less because of this. I do see where the
reactions come from. And it's always hard to read between the lines in an
email. Forget a smiley and somebody thinks you're furious while you're just
being a bit sarcastic. So I'm not judging anybody.

But I would like to request of everybody here to tone down the emails a
little bit. We all have to work together if we want ALFS to come somewhere. I
need the help of you guys. I'm not qualified to run ALFS by myself. I am,
without bragging, to run the LFS project by myself (mostly anyways) but ALFS
is a whole different project.

There is no need for anybody to reply to this message. This is just a small
request from your "Friendly Project Leader" (tm) and not the start of a
discussion.

Again I'm not pointing fingers (not in this email, not in my head). Let's
start "From Scratch" (tm - yes one day I will trademark it if it's possible
to trademark a saying). If anybody feels guilty after reading this, I just
ask you to do something with it. If you feel offended by this, I deeply
apologize. It is not my intention to insult or offend anybody. If this
doesn't touch you at all (ie you never posted to this list, you just lurk),
then I apologize for wasting your time and bandwidth.

Let's try to make this work ok? It would be awesome if we besides developing
the ALFS products also are able to develop friendships between eachother.
What is better than developing an (I speak not for myself now) awesome
product *and* in the mean while make some awesome new friends?

Now I got your attention, if you are interested in developing ALFS and
haven't subscribed to any of the new maiinglists yet, I urge you to do so.
Main development will take place on those lists, not in here anymore. Here we
just discuss general stuff that doens't always relate directly to the
development of one of the components (profile, profile-compiler, front/back
ends).