new RPM?

Jeffery McLean jeffery at meowpawjects.com
Mon Sep 18 02:34:18 PDT 2000

On Mon, 18 Sep 2000, you wrote:
> Perhaps some of you already think of including package management into a
> later ALFS...
>
> There is a nice article about RPM and its problems at freshmeat:

You could also use aptget (Debians pacaging system)
Disclamer: I prefer Slackware... In fact I acually dislike Debian...
but aptget has it's folowers... (I'm not one of them)

I'm personally opposed to pacage managment due to the technical
defects and the compatability issues...

But if we WERE to consider one.. I put my vote for creating a NEW system..

All it would be a tar.gz with one additional file LFS.profile...

Basicly just source code with a single file added it could be installed
(pacage style) like RPM and deb

and not require the managment of an additional file....
--
http://www.meowpawjects.com/ Doing the impossible daily
Come see my projects and download my code. Open source all the way....