[gerard at linuxfromscratch.org: Profile syntax for chapter 4]

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Mon Sep 25 22:10:34 PDT 2000

Yo,

On Tue, Sep 26, 2000 at 12:25:41AM -0500, Kurt V. Hindenburg wrote:
>   Whatever you do make sure that the automated system handles errors
> well...that is when its' compiling and there's an error...handle it
> intelligently...
>   For example, everytime I compile tar I have to
> cp tar-*/lib/fnmatch.hin tar-*/lib/fnmatch.h
> Maybe it's just my system, but I have to fix several errors when compiling.
> Likely do to the linux kernel includes....

Of course, allthough that has nothing todo with the profile *winks*
I've done a few 2.4 (make that 2.5.1prepre1 boxes, aka with little
fixes)
And just copy and pasted the commands... it's quite sound these days

Right now the most important thing that needs done is the ALFS Profile
Syntax, everything else is second (well minus the junk i'm going to take
care of on wednesday, ohh CVS...) and can wait.

95% (maybe i'm a little too generous :) are user errors or mistakes
before hand of the installation... once you automate the process you
have full control that you aren't going to have any problem (though that
never happens ;P) well minus whatever the user changes, and if you
include a special means of install (say bootable cd, floppy, etc) and
it's tested you could have a flawless installation =)

*rambles away* Sorry, had a ~30 mail discussion on postfix (and qmail
and sendmail) not too long ago, brain is fuzzy

-