A possible direction for nALFS

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Dec 4 10:59:34 PST 2003

Jamie Bennett wrote:

>>Neven is already working on "uninstall" functionality
>>(parts of it are in CVS now) and there will be more work
>>done in the next couple of months in that area as well as
>>inter-package dependencies, build order restrictions, etc.
>

> How far along is this and where is it implemented in CVS?

I have not looked at the work he's done at all, so I can't really say.
If you look at the CVS changelogs for his commits you'll be able to see
what files he was working in.

> BTW what's everyone working on at the moment (Kevin, Neven)?
> I seen CVS development is a couple of weeks old and I wondered
> if there is anything impending to be committed?

I can't speak for Neven, especially since he has apparently disappeared
for the last couple of weeks. Personally I have been busy with paying
work, medical problems and the Thanksgiving holiday. My only
contribution in the last couple of weeks has been the syntax version 3.2
update and support for the new <patch> element syntax. However, I'm
going to go release a 1.2.0-rc1 tarball in a few minutes and also get
the LFS-5.0 profile on the LFS server updated to incorporate the changes
that have been sent to me.