<textdump> problem

David Barron David.Barron at sas.com
Fri Dec 5 07:19:25 PST 2003

I ran into a problem when I was working on a profile to install Fontconfig based on BLFS.  The book suggests adding three lines to /etc/fonts/local.conf, which is an xml file.  I can't append the lines to the existing file because the result isn't formed correctly.  And I can't create the file from scratch because when I load the profile it complains about the line <?xml version="1.0"?> needing to be at the top of the file.  Is there a way around this?