SEDs in ALFS profiles

Thomas Pegg lnxfreak123 at insightbb.com
Wed Dec 17 07:45:43 PST 2003

On Wed, 2003-12-17 at 09:45, Jamie Bennett wrote:
> Dave Mascall wrote on 17 December 2003 15:14:
>
> > Any chance of posting the two bits of code for those
> > <search_replace>'s in man.xml so that I can carry on
> > working before your release tomorrow :)
>
> Untested but you get the idea. Give me a shout if you have
> any problems. <insert disclaimer here ;)>
>
> 	<search_replace base="&build_dir;/&man-directory;">
> 		<file>src/man.conf.in</file>
> 		<find>MANPATH \/usr\/man</find>
> 		<replace>#</replace>
> 	</search_replace>
This will not work!
Here is resulting output from a test I just did:
Searching src/man.conf.in (/home/tomp/temp/man-1.5m2)
││I: for "MANPATH \/usr\/man"
││I: and replacing with "#".
││I: Made 0 changes.
This did not work, because search_replace is not a direct interface to
sed, so sed constructs do not work in nALFS.

> 	<search_replace base="&build_dir;/&man-directory;">
> 		<file>configure</file>
> 		<find>-is</find>
> 		<replace>-R</replace>
should be: <replace>-isR</replace> we want to keep the -is not remove
it.