runit executes nALFS with full path

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Dec 26 14:16:08 PST 2003

Jamie Bennett wrote:

> Agreed. What do others think (or are they still eating christmas turkey
> ;) )

Well, turkey in the shape, texture and flavor of a ham <G>

I think changing the default to /usr/local/bin/nALFS is probably fine,
as is extending the README file to tell the user that they need to
supply the path to nALFS if they installed it into a non-standard
location. I don't think we should expect them to be able to find nALFS
on the PATH, given that it doesn't normally install into /usr/bin. It's
also not something that people run regularly, so again (certainly in my
case) most people will not make special accomodations to make sure it
can be found automatically.