Customizing CFLAGS and CPPFLAGS

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at anciens.enib.fr
Sat May 10 11:20:05 PDT 2003

Hi all!

First, I'd like to say nALFS is a good job! Thanks to all for it!

Currently, I'm begining to install LFS 4.1 with nALFS 1.1.7 and a
profile provided by Vassili. So far, I tweaked the entities to suit
my system (that is partitions, packages location, etc...). I'll
leave the job of fetching packages to nALFS, I don't have them for
now. What I'd like to do is to optimize my system (I don't want to
argue whether it is good or not, it's a test system for now!).

I'm not very used at writing XML (in fact I don't know XML much).

The questions are :
 - How do I pass global CFLAGS, CPPFLAGS et al. to the compile?
   Is it enough to define these in the env. and they'll got used by
   nALFS?
 - How do I set those flags on a per-package basis? (I know some
   packages, like gcc and glibc, don't like optimizations).

Thanks for your attention!

Regards,
Yann.

--
[ signature trimmed! ;-) Hehe! Waiting for a new one suited for MLs! ]
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org