Automatic retrieval [Was: Customizing CFLAGS and CPPFLAGS]

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at anciens.enib.fr
Sat May 10 16:36:16 PDT 2003

On Saturday 10 May 2003 20:20, you (Yann E. MORIN) wrote :
 > ... I'll
 > leave the job of fetching packages to nALFS, I don't have them for
 > now. ...

(In fact I do have the packages downloaded right now...)

I'm in the process of adding the <reference> tags to packages
descriptions to allow their automatic fetching. But from the syntax,
only the <unpack> section allow for a reference.

- What about the patches? How can I automate the retrieving of the
  patches?
- What about packages used in Ch5 and Ch6 : do I need to add a
  <reference> in both descriptions, or would one in Ch5 be enough?

What I'd like to do is get the profile & nALFS on eg. a floppy, a
mail, and get it on another computer (eg. send it to a friend),
build & install nALFS on that computer, run it with the profile
and leave things happen by themselves, without having to care
about DL'ing packages. (I could add all the URLs into a file and feed
it into wget, but I don't know wether wget would be installed onto
the target computer).

I want the installation of LFS to be as automatic as possible (well,
that's the purpose of ALFS, isn't it? ;-) )

Sorry if it sounds stupid, if I missed something... Please point me
to whatever you find of interest wrt. the subject.

Regards,
Yann.

<not_important>
  I answer myself on a ML! Whaoo!
</not_important>

--
[ signature trimmed! ;-) Hehe! Waiting for a new one suited for MLs! ]
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org