Automatic retrieval [Was: Customizing CFLAGS and CPPFLAGS]

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Sun May 11 10:42:27 PDT 2003

On Sun, May 11, 2003 at 01:36:16AM +0200, Yann E. MORIN wrote:
> I'm in the process of adding the <reference> tags to packages
> descriptions to allow their automatic fetching. But from the syntax,
> only the <unpack> section allow for a reference.
>
> - What about the patches? How can I automate the retrieving of the
>   patches?

Well, the same way you do it for packages, in <unpack>.

But I still have to add Vassili's <archive> (<download> ?) patch,
which should give more freedom.

> - What about packages used in Ch5 and Ch6 : do I need to add a
>   <reference> in both descriptions, or would one in Ch5 be enough?

No, only for those packages not downloaded.  Just make sure <unpack>
finds the previously downloaded ones.

> What I'd like to do is get the profile & nALFS on eg. a floppy, a
> mail, and get it on another computer (eg. send it to a friend),
> build & install nALFS on that computer, run it with the profile
> and leave things happen by themselves, without having to care
> about DL'ing packages. (I could add all the URLs into a file and feed
> it into wget, but I don't know wether wget would be installed onto
> the target computer).
>
> I want the installation of LFS to be as automatic as possible (well,
> that's the purpose of ALFS, isn't it? ;-) )

Yup, that's the idea. :)

However, there's currently one catch with all this automatic
downloading of packages -- it doesn't work. :)

Curl, which is used for downloading, can't resolve hostnames when in
chroot environment.  I still haven't figured out why exactly, whether
it's glibc, or something else, so if anybody has some idea, that would
be great.

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org