Automatic retrieval

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at anciens.enib.fr
Tue May 13 15:57:08 PDT 2003

On Wednesday 14 May 2003 00:08, you (Neven Has) wrote :
 > On Sun, May 11, 2003 at 08:49:00PM +0200, Yann E. MORIN wrote:
 > > (Hmm, I'm wondering at the moment wether I tested _while_ chrooted or
 > > after I rebooted into LFS?... Will check when I have static ready...)
 > That would be great.  I'll have to check it again too.  I remember
 > it didn't work for me when I last did, and also got a few reports on
 > the issue.

OK, it works for me: boot my host distro (MDK 9.0), chroot into LFS
(nothing more than chapter 6), added a /etc/resolv.conf with my
nameserver, ping an outside box, and it answers. That is after Ch6.

 > > In the same spirit, I wanted to check that my tweaked profile was
 > > OK, but couldn't find a way to check that all the URLs I had entered
 > > were correct : would it be feasible to make nALFS check the
 > > availibility of the files, download those missing, and then only
 > > start the installation?
 > Sure, a command can be added that would check all those <reference>s
 > and <archive>s (in the case of <unpack>).

Will try to hack into the code when I have a litle time, unless someone
else is wiling to do it or has done it.

First I'll have to look at the code and understand a bit more about
libxml2 (well in fact, to learn about libxml2, as I don't know
anything for now! ;-/ )

 > > That could solve the issue while in chroot, except we don't have the
 > > complete path to the package store for those specified in chapter 6 :
 > > the path is relative to &LFS; and would require to add it 'manually'
 > > during the download phase.
 > Yes, all parent elements of <unpack> would have to be checked,
 > searching for <stage> and <root> in it.

Same as above. Maybe some time will make itself available by the WE...

Regards,
Yann.

--
[ signature trimmed! ;-) Hehe! Waiting for a new one suited for MLs! ]
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org