How do use wildcards in filenames with nALFS

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue May 13 21:33:37 PDT 2003

I have a situation here where I need to use a wildcard in a profile, like so:

<search_replace>
	<file>/stage1/lib/gcc-lib/*/*/specs</file>
	<find>/lib/ld-linux.so.2</find>
	<replace>/stage1/lib/ld-linux.so.2</replace>
</search_replace>

The error I get from nALFS is that it cannot find the file.

Is there a way to use wildcards so I don't have to hardcode architecture
dependant information in the profiles (like i686-pc-linux-gnu).

An alternative in the above situation could be running a command to determine
the value. In Bash lingo it would be:

/stage1/lib/gcc-lib/$(gcc -dumpmachine)/$(gcc -dumpversion)/specs

Thanks,

http://linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org