How do use wildcards in filenames with nALFS

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Thu May 15 07:10:04 PDT 2003

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 10:48:03AM -0600, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> On May 14, 2003 09:54 am, Neven Has wrote:
> > But not directly in <file>.  <search_replace> is one of the few
> > elements which don't use an external command to do the job.
> > <file>'s content is directly an argument of fopen(3), so none of
> > the usual bash expansions occur.
>
> Is there anything you can suggest to do even if it's a plain old
> hack solution?
>
> Right now all I can think of is have my profile create a bash script
> using <textdump>, <permission> it to mode 755, run it and remove it.

Or just use it directly in <execute>:

<execute command="for i in /stage1/lib/gcc-lib/*/*/specs">
	<param>; do</param>
	<param>
                sed -e "s|/lib/ld-linux.so.2|/stage1/lib/ld-linux.so.2|"
	</param>
	<param>$i > /tmp/.blah.tmp~</param>
	<param>; mv /tmp/.blah.tmp~ $i</param>
	<param>; done</param>
</execute>

Nothing else comes to my mind right now.

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org