LFS-CVS-20030516 nALFS profile

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri May 16 14:37:23 PDT 2003

Attached nALFS profile that will build today's CVS.

The only thing not included in that profile is the part in chapter 8 where you
set up the MBR. I plan on keeping this profile updated as changes are made to
the book.

I do not yet vouch for the correctness of the profile. I do vouch for the
correctness in the sense that all files end up where they are expected. I ran
an nALFS installation and a manual LFS installation and diff'ed the directory
structures. No single change detected, so the file names and directories are
identical with one exception:

if you do a manual installation and you have some sort of java setup in your
$PATH, chapter 5-gettext will install two .jar files in
$LFS/stage1/share/gettext/. That's the only difference I did see but I'm
ignoring that one.

http://linuxfromscratch.org