Different profile "modes"

zoltan dev at null.com
Sun May 25 16:57:13 PDT 2003

"Gerard Beekmans" <gerard at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote in message
news:200305162033.41871.gerard at linuxfromscratch.org...
> On May 16, 2003 06:48 pm, Timothy Bauscher wrote:
> > Conditionals were discussed a while back. This may be only one
> > such occassion:
>
> So, it so seems that adding the <if> tag didn't quite work out. Adding a
> simple condition resulted into having to redo the IPC.
>
> I'll think of something else to help me get by.
>
> --
> Gerard Beekmans
> http://linuxfromscratch.org
>
> /* Linux Consultant --- OSDN / DevChannel *
>  * Technical Writer --- CheapBytes        */
>
> /* If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have the wrong problem */
>
> --

I've written large software projects for many years, and managing exactly
this type of stuff is what version controlling is all about.  If this were a
software project, I would solve this problem using the 'branch'-ing features
of common version control tools.  Having said this, the only version control
tool I would trust to do so would be ClearCase (by Rational).  Very
expensive, though (about $2000 per license), but it does run on Linux very
nicely...

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org