About Vassili Dzuba's <if> tag

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri May 30 10:01:37 PDT 2003

On May 29, 2003 04:45 pm, Michael S.Zick wrote:
> ??Guaranteed??  Do you file bug reports on the failures?

No I don't. Maybe you're not familiar with the GCC test suite. Certain
failures are known to the GCC team but they can't easily fix it, but still
causes the testsuite to abort, at least on one of those C99 tests (see
lfs-dev for all the information).

Then the libstdc++, gcc and g++ testsuites combined run thousands of tests and
some will always fail, which is the norm. The testsuite is a complex piece of
software and certain test will just fail depending on your platform (linux,
non-linux, x86 or non-x86, and so forth).

> That isn't a work-around, "make -k check" is the correct command.
> Ref: The gcc install directions.

Sure, but make -k check will still exit with "Error 1" which caused nALFS to
abort. It's not a pretty work around becuase you cannot automatically
determine if the failures are the "right" or "wrong" kinds, when a testsuite
is done look at the summary. If the numbers look right (again see lfs-dev for
details) you can go on.

But either way it defeats the automatic purpose here. You must pay attention
to gcc when make -k check is run to make sure it's ok to continue with the
failures you will get. It is kind of pointless to just run it without
verifying the results.

http://linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org