Bugs

James Robertson jwrober at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Sep 17 08:02:41 PDT 2003

Neven Has wrote:
> That was spammy; a good way to make people unsubscribe from the
> list, which I hope won't happen. :)

That was alot.  I am working with the sysadmin team to create a new
list. for this kind of stuff.

> Just a few things...
>
> Priority of every bug is set to 5.  I didn't bother prioritizing them
> for now, except for a few which I find important.

The default is P5, Unconfirmed for all new bugs and enhancements.  It is
up to the module owner(s) - that's you - to then figure out if they are
real (changed from unconfirmed to new) and what priority they should be
fixed (move up from P5 to P1 or whatever in between).

> Every bug is UNCONFIRMED, which is not really the case.  I can't set
> them to NEW with my current permissions.

I fixed this, just now.

> There are quite a few bugs that don't really belong to any of the
> current components.  I guess we should have checked the items from
> TODO lists, before creating those, but I don't think that's very
> important.  It's easy to ignore it.

That is fine.  It is close enough.

> Anyway, I'm done.  So have fun adding, resolving, commenting,
> resolving some more etc. :)

Great, thanks Neven.  Question:  I did not look, but did you get
everything from the TODO and BUGS files in the 1.1.7 source tarball?

Now that you can change the status and such on a bug, would you mind
going through them and changing their status (state) to something
appropriate (like new?), if they have been confirmed by you ro someone
else.  I see that you set the severity to either normal or enhancement.
  Do you see any bugs (errors) as a different severity? If so, would you
please change those?  I also see that you have set three bugs as P1
(604, 605, 606).  The way we have been handling priorities with the book
is explained on the wiki at:

http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/index.php?pagename=BugzillaBugLifecycle

I was thinking that it might be a good idea to try and do the same fro
nALFS to help avoid confusion across projects.

I was also thinking of doing a roadmap like we have for the book.  Do
have an idea of what you want to do in the area?  Do you want to only do
updates to 1.1.x or move to a 1.2.x or something version for new stuff?
  What would be in those versions?  Thoughts?

I am in process to get the code in CVS for co.  Hope to have that done
today sometime. Depends on my day-job work load.

James