haski at sezampro.yu
Wed Sep 17 09:17:03 PDT 2003
On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 10:02:41AM -0500, James Robertson wrote:
> >Anyway, I'm done. So have fun adding, resolving, commenting,
> >resolving some more etc. :)
> Great, thanks Neven. Question: I did not look, but did you get
> everything from the TODO and BUGS files in the 1.1.7 source tarball?
I knew I forgot something -- BUGS. One item left from that file.
> Now that you can change the status and such on a bug, would you mind
> going through them and changing their status (state) to something
> appropriate (like new?), if they have been confirmed by you ro
> someone else.
I'll wait for alfs-log, no need for another 50 messages to this list.
> I see that you set the severity to either normal or enhancement. Do
> you see any bugs (errors) as a different severity? If so, would you
> please change those?
Looking at values and reading their descriptions at
they don't seem to belong to any of those.
I could rate them from 1-5 if that was possible, but if I had to
choose a name, I'd say they're normal. ;)
> I also see that you have set three bugs as P1 (604, 605, 606). The
> way we have been handling priorities with the book is explained on
> the wiki at:
> I was thinking that it might be a good idea to try and do the same fro
> nALFS to help avoid confusion across projects.
Didn't know about that. And if it's a "house rule", then sure, I'll
Although I have to say, I see this as a waste of Priority field. All
priorities seem to represent a state of the bug that can already be
represented with other Bugzilla fields (P5 with UNCONFIRMED, P4 with
NEW, P3 with FIXED, P2 and P1 with Target Milestone). But I'm sure
you have already discussed this, so I don't want to go there. :)
> I was also thinking of doing a roadmap like we have for the book.
> Do have an idea of what you want to do in the area? Do you want to
> only do updates to 1.1.x or move to a 1.2.x or something version for
> new stuff? What would be in those versions? Thoughts?
1.1.8 is already ready to be released. After that, I would
concentrate on (now) P1 bugs and maybe even release it as 1.2.0.
More information about the alfs-discuss