New list for logging of bugzilla/cvs

Bryan Dumm bryan at bcpub.com
Thu Sep 18 07:37:56 PDT 2003

On Wednesday 17 September 2003 11:16 am, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> It's probably a good idea to setup a new list that acts as a dumping
> ground for Bugzilla and CVS commits. That way this list can remain open
> for development stuff without getting spammed like happened a little
> while ago.
>
> James and I think the name alfs-log would do. Any objections?

Yea I have a couple.

First off I am disappointed. I even asked beforehand. People have
unsubscribed. :\ James, I think you have accomplished a new ALFS first,
# of posts in one day. :)

Secondly, Why do we need a list? Is it not possible for someone to make
a simple bug log of all new activity, changes of old activity, and a reminder
of old non activity? Then someone can post that monthly, weekly, whatever?
Why must it be this cvs/program connection to the mail list? I know we can,
but really should we do so?

What if halfling, or mark's alfs or ya alfs makes it into the cvs. Is this
new list going to get bug reports and cvs commits for those also? Isn't this
new list going to be a mess of semi-useful traffic? Wouldn't it be 10x more
useful to just add

Help ALFS Development!!!!!!!!!!
ALFS Bugzilla - http://here
ALFS CVS - http://here

or something to the footer of list messages?

Bryan