nALFS Docs

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Sep 21 21:42:02 PDT 2003

James Robertson wrote:

> I was also thinking of doing a quickie nALFS Developers Guide (or
> Hackers Guide).  This would talk about bugzilla's use (like bug
> priorities), coding style (from Linus), CVS access, etc.  What do you
> think?

I think this is a good idea as well. When I finish the build system
conversion that I'm working on (and assuming it's accepted into the
project), there will also need to be a page or so on how to set up the
CVS sources for use in "maintainer mode", and what tools you will need
on your system for that to work. Also, how to properly produce a
distribution package from the CVS sources will need to be documented
as well, because it won't just be a simple tar cjvf ... any more.

However, I'm not building anything terribly new here; I'm just trying
to get a build system based on GNU automake/autoconf/libtool that
helps us make sure things can build in lots of different environments,
gives the user more options, handles build dependencies, knows how to
build a distribution kit, etc. Nothing that hundreds (if not
thousands) of other packages don't do every day :-)