nALFS 1.1.8 released

James Robertson jwrober at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Sep 23 08:30:23 PDT 2003

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Neven Has wrote:
>
>> Any chance of moving that syntax_doc/ directory to ALFS/docs/,
>> directly in CVS?
>>

> I agree, the syntax docs (and the DTD) shouldn't be considered
> nALFS-specific.

That will make writing a user's guide harder.  I was trying/wanting to
write a nALFS specific user's guide including the syntax portion of the
syntax doc.  I was going to merge the two into one, but I can keep them
seperate and just reference the dtd xml pages with entities and relative
paths if I need to.  This would also replace README since a lot will be
duplicated in the user's guide.

If this is not something we want/need then I'll just move the files and
be done with it.

I also mentioned writing a developers/hackers guide in the same lines as
the editors guides that the books have.  Is this something we want/need
and if so, where do we want that source kept?

James