syntax doc help

James Robertson jwrober at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Sep 29 07:26:38 PDT 2003

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> James Robertson wrote:
>
>> I have a question on the syntax doc.  on the page explaining the
>> element  "alfs", it mentions that it is the root element that all
>> other follow from.  At the top of the page, it has a list of elements
>> that can be in this element.  Is this list accurate?  It currently
>> only shows:
>>
>> (configure|copy|download|execute|if|link|
>>     make|mkdir|move|ownership|package|patch|permissions|remove|
>>     search_replace|stage|textdump|unpack)
>

> That list is correct.
>

>> But there are a lot more elements that this in the dtd.
>

> The remaining elements cannot appear directly inside <alfs>, but must
> appear inside other elements.

Yea, I am starting to see this from standardizing the doc.  I see a
hiearchy of elements in the DTD.  The top is "alfs", there is one and
only one occurance of this element in a profile.  Below that are the
"top-level" elements shown in the list above.  Finally, there are the
"sub-elements" that are spread out all over the place.  I also see that
many of the sub-elements are available in the top-level elements.  I
knew this before from making my own profiles, I just did not realize all
the parts.

Thanks Kevin
James