The new jhalfs features

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue May 2 19:58:23 PDT 2006

M.Canales.es wrote:
> - New download code. Now jhalfs will try to copy first the files from a local
> archive, if not found, try to download it from upstream server, if that fail
> also then try to download from the FTP mirror defined in the SERVER
> configuration option.

I think I'd prefer if we switch the order on this one a bit. IOW,

1. Look in the specified local archive
2. Else, download from LFS FTP mirror (SERVER config option)
3. Else, upstream server

I think upstream should be the last attempt because that way we're
giving the user 2 ways to specify preferenced locations to pull from.
Also, Justin's mirror is consistently faster than most upstream ones,
and he's been doing some excellent work of late making sure that his
tarballs are correct and up-to-date.

Anyone care if I adjust this?

--
JH