jhalfs-2639 optimization patch

Jeremy Byron rjjbyron at shaw.ca
Fri May 5 16:23:55 PDT 2006

M.Canales.es wrote:
><snip>
> I would to add MAKEFLAGS=-jx, but that will require separate code, IMHO.
Yeah, seeing as that value wouldn't change packages (and really has
nothing to do with them) it wouldn't make much sense being in with the
optimization stuff.  Maybe just make it another command-line option
and/or throw it in the common/config file?  Don't need anything fancy.

I've just been using a wrapper script to export that (assuming it's even
working.. I don't know much about it).

--

I'm still in the process of running the optimization tests; I set it to
run 3 builds storing the reports and leave the last build with "-O 1"

According to the report, it took 5.0h to build with "-O 2 -T 1" (72.642
SBU).  My second run just finished but a mistype in the script caused
the build directory to be deleted without saving the report (missed a
subdir in the path), so I'll run it again. Doesn't much matter, there's
about 10h before I get back from work anyhow.

I'll send you the reports when I get back from work if you want them.

Regards,
Jeremy.