Optimize code

Jeremy Byron rjjbyron at shaw.ca
Tue May 9 14:54:23 PDT 2006

M.Canales.es wrote:
> El Lunes, 8 de Mayo de 2006 20:07, Jeremy Byron escribió:
>
>> Might want to add dejagnu to the list as well.  I got some 'waiting for
>> stopped jobs' messages and it bailed last night.  Passed through fine
>> before the 'j3' stuff was added regardless of optimization.
>
> Adding it, thanks.

Both expect and man-db have the same problem for me.  Expect worked by
just restarting the script but man-db wouldn't (had to strip the
makeflags line from the Makefile and restart it).  The remaining
packages were fine.

Looks like "-j3" isn't going to break the same packages for everybody.
People are probably just going to have to see what fails on their own
system and black-list accordingly.  Does it depend mostly on processor
speed or something?  I've an fx-60.  But even so, disabling "-j3" for
five packages isn't too bad.

I do like this "-j3" flag though; between that and compiling highmem
into my kernel to use all 2GB (doh!) my reported build time has gone
down from 5.0h to 1.5h with "-O 2 -T 1". :D

Regards,
Jeremy.