jhalfs.. lfs user/group

George Boudreau georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat May 13 04:43:47 PDT 2006

M.Canales.es wrote:
> El Sábado, 13 de Mayo de 2006 02:08, George Boudreau escribió:
>
>>    Housekeeping is the correct path to take. The ugly bits come from
>> tracking user/group creation (who did it) and the virtual fs. LFS does a
>> mount --bind to /dev (to side step starting udev) and mounts some
>> directories. Whereas HLFS and CLFS do the standard directory creation
>> and pseudo mount.
>>    With both styles you have to manually create unique makefile entries
>> and unwind the mount order.

    For a LFS build I borrowed some code from 'clean_chapter6' to do the
housekeeping. It worked last evening but I am doing a full build this
morning.

    Housekeeping for HLFS/CLFS builds is a problem, they run udevstart
at the end of the final stage. This causes the system udevd to be
replaced ( ? true/false ) and $MOUNT_PT/dev becomes owned by the new
udevd and unmountable (? true/false) On my own system I just kill udevd
and let it restart itself when the next event occurs.  NOT the nicest
thing to do to an innocent program but I have no other idea.

>>    Tracking of user/group creation can be done via semaphore file..
   Forgot, we already track user creation with the file 'user-lfs-exist'.