BLFS support in jhalfs

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed May 17 15:16:44 PDT 2006

El Jueves, 18 de Mayo de 2006 00:03, Dan Nicholson escribió:

> To me, the hard part is that the build instructions change depending
> on what dependencies are there.  Most of the time, the CMMI packages
> will handle this on their own, but some packages require more manual
> massaging.  For example, the build of firefox is very different if you
> have a system installed NSS/NSPR.

Actually, BLFS builds will not be full automatized.

My intention is to create an HTML book for the target package with all
dependencies (based on the selected level) in build order, plus the base
scripts for that packages.

Then the user must to review that book, wiki pages, etc.., edit the required
scripts, add/remove dependencies, and, when ready, then re-run the script to
create the Makefile.

That will be a helper tool that assist users to create their own automatized
BLFS builds.

> This is where make comes in handy.  Oh, I just remembered I have this
> on anduin.  Look in this directory
> http://anduin.linuxfromscratch.org/~dnicholson/deps/

Thanks. I will see at that. Look like it is aware of duplicated entries
also :-))