jhalfs: Downloading / copying of kernel tarball even if no CONFIG set

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat May 27 10:54:31 PDT 2006

Hi guys,

Just because the CONFIG variable isn't set, can't we have the kernel
tarball copied anyways? Reason is this:

Building a new system here but I simply don't have a kernel
configuration file yet. It'll be the first time building a kernel on
this particular machine. But I'd still like the kernel tarball to be
downloaded by jhalfs so it'll be available when I get around doing a
manual kernel configuration and build.

Or is there a reason why even the download is skipped? Maybe there
should be a different variable that controls the downloading of a tarball.