jhalfs: Downloading / copying of kernel tarball even if no CONFIG set

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat May 27 11:01:18 PDT 2006

El Sábado, 27 de Mayo de 2006 19:54, Gerard Beekmans escribió:
> Hi guys,
>
> Just because the CONFIG variable isn't set, can't we have the kernel
> tarball copied anyways? Reason is this:
>
> Building a new system here but I simply don't have a kernel
> configuration file yet. It'll be the first time building a kernel on
> this particular machine. But I'd still like the kernel tarball to be
> downloaded by jhalfs so it'll be available when I get around doing a
> manual kernel configuration and build.
>
> Or is there a reason why even the download is skipped? Maybe there
> should be a different variable that controls the downloading of a tarball.

Maybe ..

The kernel download was skipped when no config file is defined, as a request
by some people, due the fast moving kernel versions upgrades. Not downloading
the kernel allow the user to keep downloaded a kernel with major version and
download only the minor version patch when required.

I will see if an extra configuration option can be added to download it under
request when no configuration file is supplied.