Experimental code

George Boudreau georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Oct 2 10:44:24 PDT 2006

M.Canales.es wrote:
> Hi George,
>
> Is there any issue that could prevent to merge now to trunk the new Makefile
> code from the experimental branch?
>
> I think that due the big amount of new cool features, included menuconfig and
> BLFS support stuff, could be best to do a 2.0 release in the next few weeks
> than try to made a 1.1 release with such almost obsolete 1.0 branch code.

   I cannot think of any real issues that would stop a 2.0 release.

   I have not done a build with the latest CLFS release but LFS and
CLFS2 look ok. I am sure there are bugs but it will take more than my
pair of eyes to spot them. Have you tried any build with the BLFS toolset?

   (I am trying to build the clfs book but there seems to be server
problems at the moment and I cannot download the book xml file)