jhalfs trunk

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Oct 11 10:09:49 PDT 2006

El Martes, 10 de Octubre de 2006 22:02, Alan Lord escribió:
> Hi guys,
>
> I am building a new lfs as we speak (trunk jhalfs dl'd today) and like
> the new menu system AND very much appreciate the pre-BLFS stuff that you
> can add to the original build - nice touch...

Thanks :-)

> One request, could we add in dhcp client support in the pre-BLFS stage?
> I realise this could open a real can of worms with everyone wanting
> their particular feature/package. But surely DHCP is used by a great
> many and is the first thing I have to install once I boot into my new
> LFS everytime...

The issue it that network connexion tools are user-dependant. It should be
added all or none.

That type of extra software will be better handled when developing an
users-friendly way to hack the scripts and Makefile for {C,H}LFS books. That
feature in in the TODO list from many time ago, and I would to have it ready
for jhalfs-2.1.

> BTW - my build did crash once with a segfault in the progessbar.sh
> script. I just started make again and it was fine, but if there will be
> an error log somewhere you like to look at just say the word...

Is strange that progress_bar.sh segfaults :-?

There is no log for the top-level Makefile output, only what you see on the
console.

> I'll report back in a day or two with the results of my first attempt at
> an automated BLFS build to see how it got on.

Great. I want to know users feeling about BLFS implementation.