jhalfs-X: adding custom tools

George Boudreau georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Oct 13 07:48:17 PDT 2006

Manuel,
   I have included the ability for the user to add "custom tools" at the
end of final build. It is not fully tested but I expect to commit the
code this weekend.

   The tools are manually defined by filling in a template and added
automatically during the running of jhalfs. The user is responsible for
including all necessary dependencies.  This could address the request by
Alan Lord (and others) to add other network tools or non-BLFS packages
during the final build phase.

Template format:
   The build bode goes between the xEOFx pair. This looks odd but I
needed to copy the cmds verbatim without having the user escape every
'"\$ in the script.

PKG="glib"
PKG_VERSION="1.2.10"
PKG_FILE="glib-1.2.10.tar.gz"
URL="http://gd.tuwien.ac.at/graphics/gimp/gtk/v1.2/${PKG_FILE}"
MD5="6fe30dad87c77b91b632def29dd69ef9"
PATCH1="http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/patches/blfs/svn/glib-1.2.10-gcc34-1.patch
0077a1cce5e8a2231ac5a9b08c6263ba"

( cat << "xEOFx"

patch -Np1 -i ../glib-1.2.10-gcc34-1.patch &&
./configure --prefix=/usr &&
make
make install &&
chmod -v 755 /usr/lib/libgmodule-1.2.so.0.0.10

xEOFx
) > tmp