jhalfs-X: adding custom tools

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Oct 13 10:08:08 PDT 2006

El Viernes, 13 de Octubre de 2006 18:56, George Boudreau escribió:

>    For that to work the individual files must be copied to /sources and
> a script would have to move them to their final destination. It 'may'
> work but it may be easier to create a new function. I will look at it
> this evening. (ahhh..the life of the idle unemployed.)

Remember that "pre-generated configuration files" are not only the ones listed
at the bootscripts chapters in xLFS books, but also the ones mentioned in the
"Post LFS Configuration" BLFS chapter and the ones needed for extra packages,
like the gpm or dhcp client bootscript and configuration files.

We can't know beforehand what files the user may need and where each one need
be place on the final system. The user may need to write the files and their
installation script.